Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, October 12th, 2009

What is one of the worst concepts for a big budget movie you've ever heard of? Today, I'm sure Variety broke a story that has to be right near the top. Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, the men behind the comical, albeit forgettable Accepted, plans on making a new re-imagining of the story of Moses, as told by the Holy Bible's Book of Exodus, in the same green-screen technique as Zack Snyder's 300. The article goes on however, to note that Cooper and Collage is hoping to give the film more of a feel comparable to that of Snyder's adaptation of Frank Miller's comic, possibly crossed with Braveheart, instead of anything similar to Cecil B. DeMille's classic 1956 The Ten Commandments. Terrible idea.

Speaking of terrible ideas, LatinoReview posted an interview with Roland Emmerich about the possibility of Independence Day 2. Also, the article pretty much confirms that Will Smith will not be part of the movie. Sadly, no mention of Jeff Goldblum. I will admit that I actually like the first Independence Day. Given, the movie may not have been Citizen Kane, but if modern critics will let the two Transformers slide, ID4 was nothing short of a masterpiece in such respect. Anyhow, despite enjoying the original, I don't really see any feasibly entertaining way a sequel could come to fruition.

On to the more hopeful news, we7 has posted the title song from the soundtrack of The Fantastic Mr. Fox by Jarvis Cocker. I'm quite amazed that the two family films I've been extremely stoked about, this film and Where the Wild Things Are, also have two of the better soundtracks of the year. I posted the audio files for Karen O's soundtrack work for the former a few weeks ago. I don't know too much about Cocker, as I've actually read more about him than I have listened. Still, enjoy the link.

Couples Retreat took the top of the box office this weekend. The movie still looks terrible, but ever since I found out Peter Billingsley is the director, I've found it my duty as a lifelong fan of A Christmas Story to watch it. Perhaps the best story on the box office charts though is that of Paranormal Activity, a flick that is still technically in limited release had a 1,384% increase in sales and took the fourth spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment