Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009

The accompanying picture for today's blog is quite possibly the most normal image to ever grace the screen on PictureIsUnrelated. Of course, there is no current news on Hayao Miyazaki's much revered animation classic My Neighbor Totoro, whose main character is taking center stage in the photo, but any chance I can get to direct people's attention to that site, I'll take it.

Yesterday, I reported on a interview done with Eduardo Sanchez of The Blair Witch Project, speaking of Paranormal Activity's recent success. As inevitable as this was, it is quite a shock that it took this long for rumors of a sequel to start brewing around, courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter. The article says that Viacom's CEO Philippe Dauman is the instigator of the rumor, stating that it could be a possibility during the earnings conference call earlier in the day. At least it goes on to state that an analyst has serious doubts that a follow-up could garner the critical and financial success as its predecessor.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences released in a statement today that Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin would host this year's Academy Awards. The only thing that worries me is the amount of time in the statement dedicated to promoting the hell out of Martin's banjo career.

Finally, I was directed to Walmart's buy page of a new Pink Label Barbie set, modeled after Edward and Bella from The Twilight Saga, from Cinematical. I suppose that the onslaught of New Moon advertising is unavoidable, but it still creeps me out to know that the marketing of pale disturbing paranormal stalker sex appeal keeps targeting younger and younger. Anyhow, since I resorted to toys that I didn't like, I have to include one that caught my eye a while back that I really want. Sideshow Collectables has released an awesome new action figure of Harrison Ford's turn as Indiana Jones in the already infamous "nuking the fridge" scene from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment